Coronavirus – Advice for all early years providers, schools and further education providers
The government is closely monitoring the spread of the Coronavirus and is taking action at home and abroad.
The overall risk of Coronavirus to the UK remains moderate. However we understand that people may be concerned where there are children, students or staff returning from or visiting China.
Public Health England and the Foreign Office have issued advice for anyone travelling to the area. This can be found at:
Latest information and advice can also be found at:
If the weather takes a change for the worse, we would like to inform you of the plan we will follow if we need to close the school:
- We will contact Radio Leicester if the school is to close and information will be broadcasted on 104.90FM, normally from 7.30am onwards (it is quite often before). They also put details on BBC Local News Leicester website. Please do not ring the Radio Station.
- At the same time, or earlier, we will update our website and twitter - @Parklandsch
- We will send a text out informing parents of the closure
If you do not hear to the contrary assume that the school will re-open as normal the following day.
We will endeavor, where possible, to keep the school open, but keeping the children and staff safe is paramount. If you have any concerns about travelling in the snow please don’t and inform the school as soon as possible. We will do our upmost to have the phone manned, whatever the weather.
If the school needs to be closed during the school day, we will contact parents as quickly as possible and also follow the below procedure.
CONTINGENCY PLAN IN THE EVENT OF SEVERE WEATHER DURING SCHOOL HOURS
- Head teacher to review the situation throughout the day. Our aim is to have dinner in school, however, lunch time may be earlier, this will be reviewed with the Kitchen Manager and staff will be notified accordingly.
- If the weather is severe (as predicted) we will text Parents to ask them to collect their child as soon as they can. We will ensure all children are safe in school until they can be collected.
- Staff who have to travel some distance will be advised by the head teacher when they are able to go.
- All School staff – including lunchtime supervisors - who walk to school will be asked to stay to supervise children in order to release staff who live a long way from school.
- Clubs may be cancelled, and a decision will be made about this earlier in the day.
- If school is closed due to severe weather, then Wrap Around Care (WAC) will also be cancelled.
- The weather situation will be reviewed throughout the coming days and we will keep you informed of any proposed actions through the text messaging service, our website, twitter and local radio stations.
- Parents please ensure your child has appropriate footwear and clothing suitable for the weather conditions.