Meet The Team
PE Coordinators and Sports Coaches: Mr Hackfath and Mrs Ellis
Apprentice Sports Coach: Miss Ward
Many of the competitions we take part in at Parkland Primary School are ‘Sainsbury’s School Games’ competitions.
The School Games can help our Pupils:
- Become more determined and demonstrate resilience
- Understand and demonstrate the importance of respect for others
- Learn to develop self control and manage emotions
- Experience being part of a team and understand their contribution to it
- Win with pride and lose with grace
- Learn the importance of practice and preparation
- Learn how to set realistic goals and work towards achieving them
- Aspire to improve and challenge themselves
- Have fun and enjoy themselves!
We are proud to announce that we have been awarded the ‘Sainsbury’s School Games Gold Mark’ (July 2017)
What is the School Games Mark?
The School Games Mark is an awards scheme which rewards schools for their commitment to the development of competition across their school. OfSTED use the Mark award as part of their inspection framework.
We are proud to announce that we have been awarded the Physical Education Quality Mark - Distinction
Why should my child be part of a local sports club?
All children should be physically active for at least one hour a day. You can help by encouraging your child to find activities and sports they are interested in. Many local sports clubs offer free taster sessions for children to allow them to try out different sports and to find out which ones inspire them.
Joining a local sports club will help your child to be committed, learn to work as part of a team, as well as improve their self-confidence. Please see details below about local sports clubs in your area.
Click the link to find opportunities to become active in your local community