Parent Information - Severe Weather 27/02/2018
Information for Parents and Staff.
As you will have seen in the media the country is expecting severe weather conditions this week. According to the MET office there is a high possibility of snow falling from 11:00 a.m. tomorrow, Tuesday 27th February 2018 in our area. If there is no significant snowfall overnight School will be open as normal tomorrow morning. However, heavy snow is predicted to fall in the day time and with this in mind we have sought advice from the Executive Team of Discovery Schools Trust and have devised the following contingency plan for significant snowfall whilst the children are in school.
CONTINGENCY PLAN IN THE EVENT OF SEVERE WEATHER.
- Head teacher to review the situation throughout the day. Our aim is to have dinner in school, however, lunch time may be earlier, this will be reviewed with the Kitchen Manager and staff will be notified accordingly.
- If the weather is severe (as predicted) we will text Parents to ask them to collect their child as soon as they can. We will ensure all children are safe in school until they can be collected.
- Staff who have to travel some distance will be advised by the head teacher when they are able to go.
- All School staff – including lunchtime supervisors - who walk to school will be asked to stay to supervise children in order to release staff who live a long way from school.
- Clubs may be cancelled, and a decision will be made about this earlier in the day.
- If school is closed due to severe weather, then Wrap Around Care (WAC) will also be cancelled.
- The weather situation will be reviewed throughout the coming days and we will keep you informed of any proposed actions through the text messaging service, our website, parklandprimary.co.uk and local radio stations. PLEASE NOTE THE SCHOOL PHONES WILL NOT BE IN OPERATION IF THE SCHOOL IS CLOSED.
- Parents please ensure your child has appropriate footwear and clothing suitable for the weather conditions.
Our aim is to keep the school open wherever possible. However, the safety of the children, parents and staff is our priority, any decision we make will be taken with this in mind.