You are invited to watch a free performance of ‘In the Net’ by the AlterEgo Theatre Group which your child (years 3 & 4) may also be watching through their school (subject to availability). This production is part of ongoing work by the police, councils, NHS and others, who are continuing to work hand-in-hand to support children to stay safe online and to tackle Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE).
The internet is an amazing tool which opens the door on a global scale to social and learning opportunities. Most children access the internet from a very early age including via games consoles, and we must therefore teach children how to stay safe online in the same way that we teach them to cross the road.
‘In the Net’ is a fun and entertaining pantomime which raises the profile of internet safety and cyber-bullying. The play has been shown to hundreds of children around the UK and was also shown to a sample of local primary schools in February 2017. It was very positively received. ‘In the Net’ is designed to introduce and explore concepts such as:
· Safe internet use
· Keeping personal information safe
· The effects of cyber-bullying on others
· What to do if you are being cyber-bullied
· What to do when you get that 'Uh-Oh!' feeling
· What to do if you have questions or concerns
Further information about the play and about AlterEgo Theatre Group can be found at: http://www.alteregocreativesolutions.co.uk/inthenet/
Two evening performances have been secured for parents and carers only, you can book directly via the links below, please book early to avoid disappointment. The performance will be followed by a brief presentation by local authority safeguarding lead(s).
1. Retro Suite – Thursday 25th January 2018 https://www.eventbrite.com/e/in-the-net-performance-for-parents-tickets-41825254462
2. Melton Theatre – Tuesday 20th February 2018 https://www.eventbrite.com/e/copy-of-in-the-net-performance-for-parents-tickets-41825383849
Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland CSE, Missing and Trafficked Operations Group
We are conducting a statutory consultation exercise on proposed changes to the admission arrangements for schools within the Trust. The consultation runs for six weeks starting the 9am Monday 30th October 2017 until 5pm Friday 8th December 2017. The agreed (determined) admission arrangements will be published on our website by 15th March 2018.